Tuesday 3 May 2011

Ok...

So now I know exactly what is bringing me down.
Every time I try applying for a job I either don't get a reply or I get rejected instantly, my parents constantly say, "Oh well let me look at your CV" But the thing is, they don't even have time to look at it. I could email it or hand it to them a million times and they wouldn't get around to reading it!

I apply with all the answers that I think the employer will want to hear.

I don't have any work experience that is useful to me in any way. Yes, I worked at a kennels for a week, walking dogs, but obviously that gets you nowhere if you are applying to be a cashier, or to work waiting tables...

The only advice I get given is "hand out your CV to as many places as possible." - Yeah, that's more easily said than done. Especially when your parents complain about not being able to afford printer ink, and then you can't afford printer credit for college.

Then, summer approaches. Your parents and your grandparents start pressuring you to get a job. All it does is cause stress. It's like they haven't noticed that I've been looking for a job since Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment