Tuesday 12 July 2011

A Positive Note

After all my job searching, I was just considering giving up.
Until I received an email:


"Good morning Chloe,

Thank you for your interest in our company.

I would like to invite you into our office for a taster session.  This is where we ask you to re-sit the typing test, sit a short English spelling and grammar exercise, followed by an interview with myself.  You’ll also get the chance to meet some of our team members and perhaps listen to a telephone call taking place.

I have a vacancy at 10am tomorrow morning, or failing that, any time between 9.30 and 4.30 on Thursday.

Please let me know what day and time you would prefer and I will provide you with full details.

I look forward to hearing from you Chloe."

This made my day. My first EVER interview. I was so nervous, but the interview went fine, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. The woman interviewing me was approachable and talkative, so I found it easy to make conversation. 

They said they'd get back to me by the next Wednesday. But then my phone started ringing in my pocket, and I was thinking "Who calls me? No one calls me..." and I answered. It was them saying they'd like to offer me a contract! 

I FEEL USEFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment